We consider talented applicants on an ongoing basis. Some positions we’re interested to fill include:
Consumer Protection Associate Position
The successful candidate will be a first to third year attorney, who demonstrates a passion for serving the public interest by advocating on behalf of consumers. Successful candidates will be curious, dedicated, and efficient. Strong communications skills, a growth mindset, and problem-solving attitude are expected of our entire team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct legal and factual research and investigation through various means to provide the best results for our clients;
• Draft basic motions for review by senior attorney;
• Court appearances at basic hearings over time and to be accompanied by more senior attorneys and assist at trial;
• Collaborate with colleagues;
• Recommend innovation in firm policies, procedures, strategies, and tactics;
• Timely reporting of hours; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualities and Skills necessary to successfully perform job duties and responsibilities:
• Minimum J.D., admission to California Bar, and at least 1 year of civil litigation or family law experience;
• Solid understanding of client communication functions, including intake and file completion activities;
• Bilingual Spanish is preferred;
• Proficient in Office software and ability to adapt to the firm’s practice management software;
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal);
• Decision-making and problem-solving abilities;
• Excellent organizational and leaderships skills;
• Operate standard office equipment; and
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We believe in your development and provide extended and comprehensive training, and reimburese you for membership in a national, local, or practice area specific bar organization. We emphasize an egalitarian culture focused on innovation and teamwork.
The Consumer Law Practice is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, or sexual orientation.